Saturday, July 22, 2006

stop trying start doing

One of the first things I do with coaching clients is notice when they are trying rather than doing. Trying is so half arsed. Sorry to be rude but there you go. Trying just will not do. What are we saying to ourselves and others when we say we will TRY to do something? What's all this trying about? How about you just start doing?

I know from myself that if I try to do something, I'll probably do it about 60% of the time. Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to reach my goals or complete tasks 60% of the time. It's not good enough! I deserve better!

So next time you find yourself trying, rather than fully commiting to doing ask yourself

1. is this something I really want? If not, admit it, say no to yourself or whoever and move on
2. If it is something you wish to accomplish, just do it. Stop trying to hard and you'll find doing is easier, lighter and more fun.

I would say 'Go on, try it...' but hey! Just DO IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home