Thursday, October 12, 2006

Say Yes!

So many times in coaching and self development books, articles and websites, I've read about empowering people to say No. Clearly, the ability to say No when you need to is important: No to a bad relationship, No to an extra project at work, No to an event you'd rather not attend. It's true that the people pleasers amongst us (that's about 95% of the population in my experience!) really need to say No more often, for our sanity, health and self esteem.

However, what about Yes? What have you said No to recently that you could have said Yes to? Because to me, saying No when you should (I know, I hate that word) say Yes is just as bad. And sometimes, saying Yes is all about stepping outside of our comfort zone. It involves doing something new, stepping up to the bar, challenging yourself and your beliefs about what you can and can't do.

What can you say Yes to today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home